Monday, December 4, 2017

That Big, White, Envelope

After nearly eight very long-awaited weeks, my mission call arrived on Saturday, December 2 and yes, you read that correctly, Saturday. However, Saturday was a very busy day for me and after four days of checking the mail prior and not seeing that big white envelope, I was aggravated and wasn’t even going to check the mail on Saturday, because I figured mission calls never come on Saturdays. As I woke up Sunday morning, I figured I would check anyway. I had a feeling since I had given up hope, it would be there, and it was!

I sat through three hours of slightly distracted church… and afterward, gathered my friends and family together to read my call to… CANADA, CALGARY! Which, is exactly where I wanted to go. I had a dream previously about going to Canada on my mission and both me and my mom knew I was going to Canada. I know this is exactly where I’m supposed to go, and this is a calling from the Lord. I feel so blessed. I will arrive at the Provo MTC on March 21 and teach in the English language. I couldn’t be more excited to serve the people of Canada and I can’t wait to teach about the greatest gift that has had such a strong impact in my life, the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

designed by Charming Templates