Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Waiting Game

For those that know me, they know I like to plan. I like to know exactly what’s going on and when and will follow up on the minute details of something. When I order something from Amazon, I can’t even wait the two days it takes for prime shipping! So, waiting for my call has been…interesting. I’m trying to focus on other things and work and school keep me busy enough to not think about it 24/7, but I wish the process could be more like ordering a pizza from Dominos. I know exactly when they’ve started making my pizza, when it’s in the oven, when the delivery guy has left, and when he’s arrived. It tells me the exact timeline (that’s why Dominos is my favorite.)
           I think it’s more than just waiting to find out where I’ll go, it’s all the prep work that I want to be doing, that I can’t until I have my call. For example, buying clothes, I don’t want to buy a bunch of skirts and blouses and find out I should’ve gotten a million cardigans because I’m going to Alaska. Or buy a bunch of long sleeves and thermal stuff and find out I’m going to the Philippians. I want to start selling my car and contract, but I don’t know when I’m leaving so I can’t do that. And I want to research everything about the place I’m going so I can know what to expect. I guess I hate not being able to plan and am getting antsier by the day. But, I know I need to trust in the Lord’s timing and I know this is a sacred process that can’t be rushed and I am very glad for that; after all, this is the next year and a half of my life that’s being decided, so I guess I wouldn’t want it to be decided in a couple of days.
           Hopefully my next update will be my mission call! Until then,

-Heather

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat! I submitted my papers on October 11th, and I still haven't received my call. My patience is definitely being tested. Waiting is hard, but it's going to be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely will be! I got a call from someone needing to clarify some medical questions, so that held it up a bit too. Hope you get your call soon!

      Delete

designed by Charming Templates